Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oregon Spring....

A tomato variety or insanity? It seems that this wacky weather (which, by the way, is COMPLETELY NORMAL) gets to me more and more as I get older. I have spent the vast majority of my life here, so why is my attitude about it getting worse? Weird.

On the upside of Global Weirding, the garden is lovin' it. Raining at night and 65 during the day is prime potato, squash, strawberry weather. Glad I got those those things in the ground. Unfortunately, it also means that the tomatoes that I have been nursing in the greenhouse are probably going to need potted up again before time to go in the garden. Then it will turn summer before the roots fill the pots and I'll get them out late! :P Poor real farmers!

Chicks are growing. Kids are nearly done with the book part of school. No reason whatsoever to be Droopsy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think that all the time! The poor real farmers.

    Chin up, farm girl. We'll muddle through this springtime weather doldrum to bemoan the hot summer and endless watering!

    ReplyDelete