Thursday, May 13, 2010

No post again yesterday! Bad me.

Today's sunshine did wonders for my attitude. Now if it will just hold out until Saturday, Darrin will til and I can plant, plant, plant.

We finished our Mother's day present to me...instead of saying growly meanness to each other this week, we wrote it on index cards. Then tonight after the kids finished burning marshmallows over the fire, we burned them. They made a few jokes about being cultish, but it really did seem to make then stop and think before barking at or slamming each other. My cards were more internal. When I felt the hurt and anger welling up over words or circumstances, I would write it down and try to also write what could or couldn't be done about the situation. It might be juvenile, but its been a good week.

Darrin and Madi are working on desserts for the CIY auction tomorrow night. Its been a little LOUD in there...that's why I am out here!

Now it's popcorn and bed time. Tomorrow is taekwondo all day, so I need to get up early for the yoga and quiet. Have a terrific weekend, girls!

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping for another sunny day too! Hope yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be long day, but I hope a good one! Hope you and yours get another great sunny day to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the Yoga!
    I like your idea of the cards... with four kids it just might be the ticket to some sanity around here too!! I think I'll give it a try and see what we can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete