Thursday, November 13, 2014

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

Day 7...My dream job

When I was very young I drew dresses.
All the time.  Huge Cinderella 
ball gowns with bustles and panniers and
layers of puffy fabric.  Then I saw a house plan.
And I was hooked.  I can't begin to count 
the books of graph paper and reams of 
looseleaf I have used up (not wasted) on 
plans for everything from castles
to chicken coops.

Architecture was always an unachievable dream, 
career wise because I honestly didn't have that 
kind of drive for school.  I didn't have the grades 
or the motivation to put in the time and effort.

Now, as an adult, facing the Empty Nest, 
I want to go to school.  I still don't have the gumption
for six or eight years of college but I do have 
enough to do a couple. So I am planning, Lord willing
and the creek don't rise, to go to UCC when 
our youngest does and study civil engineering 
and surveying.  It's never too late, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment