Thursday, September 2, 2010

Autumn....

is my favorite season. I love the first rain and the cool mornings and a fresh new start to school. This year is very different because of the changing seasons of our lives. No more elementary students...a sophomore and two in junior high. Only counting to five to see if we are all ready to go. More class time with other families and less time at home. And now that I've been at it a couple weeks, its a good change of season. Madi is feeling better after an illness mixed with an adjustment to the different climate of the "Dry Side" so I am back to being so very thankful that she has the opportunity to pursue her dream of Bible college.

The garden is a goner but the greenhouse is coming along so well, that I am thinking of making the outdoor garden more for perennials and doing the majority of the annuals inside. If that is what we end up doing, I can fence it tall enough to keep Bambi and his kin out and keep things looking tidier through mowing. This year took much of the gardening wind out of my sails.

The old hens and extra roos have gone on in The Circle of Life (feeding the lions) and the new ones are laying sporadically enough to keep us in eggs. I have redesigned the bunny area to make the dropping collection and removal much more accessible. All the critters should be snug and safe for the winter months.

As for canning....SQUIRREL!

Now I am off to pack for a weekend of relaxing, worshiping, visiting, NOT cooking, NOT cleaning and NOT having any jobs to do! Hope to see many of you there.

1 comment: