Monday, April 27, 2015

Bits and Pieces

Politics....."It's called private enterprise. It'a a large part of what this country was founded on. Government entities do not have the right to refuse service to ANYONE but individual, privately held companies absolutely must have this freedom for our nation to remain. A business owner should be able to do business with anyone they want to and citizens should get to vote with their dollars whether or not that business stays viable."  My response to the many people getting sued for not wanting to bake cakes for homosexual couple's weddings.  

Parenting.....Be easy.  I feel for child #1 always.  I am one.  I raised one.  I was MUCH harder on #1 and even #2 than on #3 and #4.  It took me far too many years to realize that they are little people, not clones of us.  I will regret that immaturity on my part for all the rest of my days.  Just be easy.

Working....Today is my first day in many years of being Unemployed.  (Capital U)  Mixed feeling and hope abound.  More on that another day.

Schmoe......Its that undefined sensation of being not good enough, while still being mostly okay with your own self.  I hurt a friend last week, and left a job that I actually really liked and enjoyed a weekend with a group of young people as diverse as can be.  Busy, busy, busy.

Books.....Actually, its the book-to-movie conversion that is on my mind.  We watched the final installment of The Hobbit yesterday.  Peter Jackson jumped the shark on the quest for mo money.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment