Friday, March 29, 2013

A Tiny Friday Rant

For a rant, large print seems appropriate.  

I have finally figured out why I am almost excited for the wheels to come off our current political system.  It's been bugging me (the wonder at my attitude, I mean)  since 1999, when I was hoping the everything would shut down.  Here it is...my apostrophe....I am sick of the first world whining and posing and worrying about stupid stuff.  I want to get back to will we eat today, not is my carb load balanced with my protein.  And if you do these "16 easy exercises" you will have a six pack of abs and buns of steel.  If community was a necessity for survival, people would stop being so petty.  If we needed Joe and his plow to make us a spot to grow a winter's worth of food, we would be less likely to gripe about Joe's wife's dog barking at our cat.  Or something equally important.

Am I the only one?

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I don't think people are going to really "get it" till there is nothing to GET! I'm not a fan of fast paced living and broken families. And I'm not talking about divorce, I'm talking about a television in every room, video games for every television, extra curricular activities that keep families rushing from one place to another with precious little time to really know your own family...sigh :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not the only one
    there is only ONE thing i can think of that will bring us together, though, and it is not the collapse of "the way things are" --- although that would likely strip some of the stupider stuff away -- that one thing, of course, is relationship with Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and agree.
    I wonder often at what we will have to suffer through before people decide to start seeing more than just themselves. If we read Revelation it sounds like scary stuff to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm....interesting....anybody wanna donut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donuts are always good. :P Remember, Joy, this was a rant and rants are usually caused by some annoying outside force...like too many facebook posts about how Joe's wife lost a total of 15 pounds in five minutes...don't you want to be like Joe's wife?? Lori, KL and Miri, if I am reading It right, there will be less and less people "getting it" as we come nearer to the End of All Things. Right?

    ReplyDelete