Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring?

We finally got a sunny-ish weekend-day to enjoy the green of our yard and get a few things done around here.
The rose (that is happy in it's new house pot)
was on the table at Madi and Tim's wedding.
The mints are from my last shopping
 trip with Kay Lynne.
The burl is from an Eagle Creek camping trip.
The heart is from me to Darrin.


Emily's contribution to the front flower bed.
It's to be a cottage garden.
Maybe.  Someday.

The wee garden and it's guardian.

Supper?

A word to the wise.
 If you are going to order chicks for
yourself and others, be prepared for the
possibility that they may desire BWLs.

Wilson, with a little help from Dad,
finished the window frame on the barn
while I worked away on the greenhouse.

Onions &

Peas &

Potatoes.
Side dish anyone?

Not a lover of the Iris,
but isn't this one loverly?

I've wanted to have a south facing laundry
room for years for only one reason...to use
 the heat from the dryer vent.
Here is the beginning of the Wee Greenhouse,
over the vent hole.

And while we were yard-ing,
 Friday was holding down the fort.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!~
    Such a great idea to use the dryer heat for the green house...brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny because I just made reference to BWL in today's blog post. haha! Love the pictures, I feel like I'm right there!

    ReplyDelete