Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Addiction, anyone?


Well girls, you knew it would happen and you probably had a good idea that I wouldn't make it too long, but I've gone and ordered chicks.  It actually isn't my fault.  I had every intention of waiting until after the new year but then my aunt (the enabler) called and said she HAD to have some more Cuckoo Marans like the one I had given her, and didn't I think that sooner was better so they could be laying by spring??  So after a fun filled morning of looking through hatchery websites and checking availability, I decided on five Buff Orpingtons (my long time favorite) and five Speckled Sussex (a newer-to-me breed) to be delivered the 5th of December.  Which means I won't get them until Christmas!! Ugh!

In other news. I really do have pictures to post of the new place and the new town and all, but haven't put them on the computer yet.  Hopefully after Thanksgiving. Suffice it to say, we love it here and still are convinced this is exactly where God wants us to be right now. More on all that later. With pictures. Another day.

3 comments:

  1. Missing you. And glad you're doing well. Chickens are home to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly I'm shocked you waited THIS long :P Can't wait to see the peeps! Love and miss you all terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you couldn't hold out for long. :)

    ReplyDelete