Friday, April 8, 2011

Chickie Mama

I am beginning to believe I am not cut out to be a mother. (Some who have witnessed the interaction between myself and my children might agree.)

This venture into a new phase of motherhood is driving me batty! (Though it seems logical I am speaking of becoming a Mother-In-Law, I am not.)

I am having trouble sleeping and have been crawling out of bed at odd hours to check temperatures. (No, no one is ill at our house, but that would be another logical assumption.)

Its this dad-burn INCUBATOR! Dear Mom gave me 40 one dollar bills for my birthday and I used them on shoes and gum and the makings of a styrofoam incubator to try hatching my own fuzzies. I had fully intended to buy the Silkie babies from a reputable hatchery in our area but when the e-mail containing the PRICE of said three ounce bundles of joy arrived, I balked and thought this would be worth a shot. It may not have been. Being one who leans toward worry anyway, this may have been a bad choice. Being one who is a bit obsessed with all manners of the birth process it seems that this would be right up my alley but it may be my undoing. We shall see in about 18 days.


6 comments:

  1. 18 more days of no sleep? Sure, you can do that... No problem :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! And here I am the fuzzy chickie pimp. ;)

    I can't wait to see the little fellers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd still like to know why the dimmer switch was a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would too, Mister. I'm sure I just got the wrong something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept telling myself the same thing...105 was a good temp not a bad one :P Worse than that...every time I opened it to turn the eggs, the temp would go down a few degrees and I would have to keep checking over and over until the temp got back up where it belonged...sigh...almost time to put some buns in the oven here too...just waiting till the henhouse is built...if it would only stop snowing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOP SNOWING WISCONSIN! Yes. Everyone needs chicks.

    ReplyDelete